R. Doctor Who - The Chase
Using the new visualiser the Doctor can see events during any time period. Using the device the Doctor notices that the Daleks have their own time machine and are pursuing the TARDIS.
The Doctor tries to escape from the Daleks by materialising in a number of locations in different time periods. The TARDIS is unable to take off immediately from any location as the Doctor has to work out the co-ordinates for the next location, which allows the Daleks to close in.
Eventually, on the planet Mechanus, the Daleks do catch up to the TARDIS. The Daleks attempt to use a robot lookalike of the Doctor to infiltrate the Doctor's compaions. The Doctor and his companions are kidnapped by the Mechanoids, where they are put in a cell with Steven Taylor.
A fierce battle erupts between the Daleks and the Mechanoids causing the mutual annihilation of each. The Doctor then uses the Daleks' time machine to return Ian and Barbara to the twentieth century, two years after they left. Steven, his spacecraft having crashed, joins the Doctor and Vicki in the TARDIS.
- Barbara Wright: Jacqueline Hill
- Ian Chesterton: William Russell
- Vicki: Maureen O'Brien
- Steven Taylor: Peter Purves (4)
- Dalek Voices: David Graham, Peter Hawkins
- Daleks: Robert Jewell, Kevin Manser, John Scott Martin (1-4), Gerald Taylor
- Abraham Lincoln: Robert Marsden (1)
- Francis Bacon: Roger Hammond (1)
- Queen Elizabeth I: Vivienne Bennet (1)
- William Shakespeare: Hugh Walters (1)
- Television Announcer: Richard Coe (1)
- Mire Beast: Jack Pitt (1,2)
- Malsan: Ian Thompson (2)
- Rynian: Hywel Bennett (2)
- Prondyn: Al Raymond (2)
- Aridian: Brian Proudfoot (2)
- Guide: Anne Gordon (3)
- Morton Dill: Peter Purves (3)
- Albert C. Richardson: Dennis Chinnery (3)
- Captain Benjamin Briggs: David Blake Kelly (3)
- Bosun: Patrick Carter (3)
- Willoughby: Douglas Ditta (3)
- Cabin Steward: Jack Pitt (3)
- Frankenstein's Monster: John Maxim (4)
- Count Dracula: Malcolm Rogers (4)
- Grey Lady: Rosyln de Winter (4)
- Robot Doctor Who: Edmund Warwick (5)
- Mechanoids: Murphy Grumbar (5-6), Jack Pitt (6), John Scott Martin (6)
- Mechanoid Voice: David Graham (5-6)
- Fungoids: Jack Pitt (5), John Scott Martin (5), Ken Tyllsum (5-6)
- Double for Ian: David Newman (2)
- Double for Vicki: Barbara Joss (2)
- Tourists: (all 3) Barbara Bruce, Kathleen Heath, Marc Lawrence, Terry Leigh, Monique Lewis, David Pelton, Bill Richards, Sean Ryan, Sally Sutherland, Jim Tyson
- Stuntmen: (all 3) David Connon, Marilyn Gothard, Fred Haggerty, Gerry Wain; Bus Conductor: Derek Ware (6)
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||72||The Executioners||22 May 1965||17:40 - 18:05||10.5M||57%|
|BBC 1||73||The Death Of Time||29 May 1965||17:40 - 18:05||9.5M||56%|
|BBC 1||74||Flight Through Eternity||05 June 1965||17:45 - 18:10||9.0M||55%|
|BBC 1||75||Journey Into Terror||12 June 1965||17:40 - 18:05||9.5M||54%|
|BBC 1||76||The Death Of Doctor Who||19 June 1965||17:40 - 18:05||9.0M||56%|
|BBC 1||77||The Planet Of Decision||26 June 1965||17:40 - 18:05||9.5M||57%|
- Camber Sands, East Sussex
- White City Underground Station, London
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Riverside Studio 1
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Jacqueline Hill and William Russell leave at the end of part six.
- The actors playing Fungoids are never credited as such; their names just follow the main credits with the sub-title "with".
- The actor who plays Steven (Peter Purves) also appears as Morton Dill, an American, in episode 3.
- Episode 1: Part one includes stock footage of The Beatles playing "Ticket to Ride".
- The Pursuers