5E. Doctor Who - The Power Of Kroll
The trail for the Key To Time leads the TARDIS to Delta Magna's third moon. The Doctor and Romana get caught in a feud between the native Swampies and a group of Methane refiners.
Niether side take to the newcomers, and Romana is very nearly sacrificed by the Swampies to their God, Kroll. The Swampies are being armed by a gun smuggler Rohm Dutt. It is supposed that he is doing it on behalf of the Sons of Earth.
Dutt has in fact been hired by Thawn, one of the refinery workers. The idea was to have the armed swampies provoked into an attack, thereby any killing of the Swampies would be justified.
The Doctor discovers that Kroll is not in fact a God, but is very large giant squid. Apart from just being a giant squid, it is also the fifth segment of the Key to Time.
- Voice of K-9: John Leeson
- Romana: Mary Tamm
- Thawn: Neil McCarthy
- Ranquin: John Abineri
- Fenner: Philip Madoc
- Skart: Frank Jarvis
- Dugeen: John Leeson
- Varlik: Carl Rigg
- Rohm Dutt: Glyn Owen (1-3)
- Harg: Grahame Millard (1,2+reprise 3)
- Mensch: Terry Walsh (1-2)
- Swampie Walk-Ons: (all 1) Philip Bird, Curtis Dabek, Richard Edmunds, Mark Hardy
- Swampie Extras: (all 1-2) Michael Atherton, David Babin, Graham Baker, Norman Clive-Fisher, Peter Crutchley, John Hodges, Paul Mann, Julian Mark, Steve Palmer, Steven Pleasance, Steve Sandis, David Sinclair, Paul Smith, Barry Stearn, Steve Vickers, Mike Wilson
- Stuntman: Terry Walsh (2-3)
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||496||Part One||23 December 1978||18:15 - 18:40||6.5M|
|BBC 1||497||Part Two||30 December 1978||18:30 - 18:55||12.4M|
|BBC 1||498||Part Three||06 January 1979||18:25 - 18:50||8.9M|
|BBC 1||499||Part Four||13 January 1979||18:25 - 18:50||9.9M||63%|
- Boat landing at the Maltings, Snape, Suffolk
- Iken Cliff, Suffolk
- The Wetlands, River Alde, Suffolk
- Television Centre Studio 6
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- K-9 does not appear in the story; John Leeson actually appears as Dugeen.
- The Shield of Time
- The Horror of the Swamp