4V. Doctor Who - Horror Of Fang Rock
The TARDIS materialises on the island of Fang Rock off the coast of England at the turn of the twentieth century. The Doctor and Leela take shelter in a lighthouse where the keepers are just getting used to the newly installed electricity.
One of the keepers, Vince, sees a bright object fall from the sky. Later another keeper, Ben, disappears. His body is discovered behind a piece of machinery - electrocuted.
As the fog descends a small ship runs aground, and the crew seek shelter inside the lighthouse. More people die before the Doctor realises that what Vince saw was a Rutan scout, and that the Rutan has changed its form to that of Rueben.
The crew of the shipwreck had in their possession a diamond which the Doctor used in conjunction with the electric lamp to create a laser to destroy the Rutan craft, after first mortaring the Rutan itself.
- Leela: Louise Jameson
- Reuben: Colin Douglas
- Vince Hawkins: John Abbott
- Ben: Ralph Watson (1)
- Skinsale: Alan Rowe (2-4)
- Adelaide Lesage: Annette Woollett (2-4)
- Lord Henry Palmerdale: Sean Caffrey (2-4)
- Harker: Rio Fanning (2-3)
- Voice of the Rutan: Colin Douglas
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||454||Part One||03 September 1977||18:15 - 18:40||6.8M||58%|
|BBC 1||455||Part Two||10 September 1977||18:15 - 18:40||7.1M|
|BBC 1||456||Part Three||17 September 1977||18:15 - 18:40||9.8M||60%|
|BBC 1||457||Part Four||24 September 1977||18:15 - 18:40||9.9M|
Outside LocationsNo location details are available
- Ealing Film Studios
- Pebble Mill
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- This story was filmed at Pebble Mill in Birmingham, the first time that studios outside of London were used for Doctor Who.
- Leela's eyes change colour from brown to Louise Jameson's normal blue due to a laser blast. Until this programme Louise had been wearing coloured contact lenses.
- The Monster of Fang Rock
- The Beast of Fang Rock
- The Rocks of Doom