On a dark frozen planet where no planet should be, in a doomed city with a sky of stone, the last denizens of Earth's long-lost twin will pay any price to survive, even if the laser scalpels cost them their love and hate and humanity.
And in the mat-infested streets, round tea-time, the Doctor and Nyssa unearth a black market in second-hand body parts and run the gauntlet of augmented police and their augmented horses.
And just between the tramstop and the picturehouse, their worst suspicions are confirmed: the Cybermen have only just begun, and the Doctor will be, just as he always has been, their saviour...
- Nyssa: Sarah Sutton
- Yvonne Hartley: Kathryn Guck
- Dad: Paul Copley
- Thomas Dodd: Derren Nesbitt
- Sisterman Constant: Pamela Binns
- Frank Hartley: Jim Hartley
- Mrs. Ginsberg: Ann Jenkins
- Doctorman Allan: Sally Knyvette
- Zheng / Cyber Voices / Radio Announcer / Citizen / Nurse: Nicholas Briggs
- Minister / TV Commentator: Alistair Lock
- Philpott / Nurse: Gary Russell
- CD 1: Parts One and Two
- CD 2: Parts Three and Four
- Running Time: 100 minutes