UU. Doctor Who - The Mind Robber
To escape the volcanic eruptions on the planet Dulkis the Doctor moves the TARDIS out of normal space/time. The TARDIS materialises inside a white void, although each of the TARDIS crew sees their own home on the scanner. The illusions are designed to get each of the crew outside the TARDIS - and they work.
The Doctor manages to find both Jamie and Zoe and get them back inside the TARDIS. On take-off, the TARDIS seems to explode, and the Doctor, Jamie and Zoe find themselves in a land of fiction.
The world in which they have landed can be quite savage, using a variety of tricks in order to trap the Doctor. Zoe is trapped inside a glass jar, and Jamie has a change of face after the Doctor gets it wrong. Along with all this they have to escape from clockwork soldiers.
The Doctor eventually finds the Master (no apparent relation to the Time Lord Master), who is a writer from 1926. The Master controls the world via the Master Brain computer, and whatever he writes becomes true. The Master Brain wants to use the Doctor; it comes to a battle of wits, which the Doctor wins, and the Master is freed.
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Zoe Heriot: Wendy Padbury
- The Master: Emrys Jones
- Robots: (all 1,4,5) John Atterbury, Ralph Carrigan, Bill Wiesner, Terry Wright
- Lemuel Gulliver: Bernard Horsfall (2-5 - credited as "A Stranger" for 2)
- Jamie McCrimmon: Hamish Wilson (2-3)
- Clockwork Soldiers: (all 2,3,5) Paul Alexander, Ian Hines, Richard Ireson
- Children: (all 2,5) Timothy Horton, Martin Langley, Sylvestre Le Touzel, Barbara Loft, Christopher Reynolds, David Reynolds
- Princess Rapunzel: Christine Pirie (3,5)
- The Medusa: Sue Pulford (4-5)
- The Karkus: Christopher Robbie (4-5)
- D'Artagnan and Sir Lancelot: John Greenwood (5)
- Cyrano De Begerac: David Cannon
- Blackbeard: Gerry Wain (5)
- Redcoat: Philip Ryan (2-3)
- Minotaur: Richard Ireson (2-3)
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||215||Episode 1||Saturday, September 14, 1968||5:20 PM - 5:40 PM||6.6M||51%|
|BBC 1||216||Episode 2||Saturday, September 21, 1968||5:20 PM - 5:40 PM||6.5M||49%|
|BBC 1||217||Episode 3||Saturday, September 28, 1968||5:20 PM - 5:40 PM||7.2M||53%|
|BBC 1||218||Episode 4||Saturday, October 05, 1968||5:20 PM - 5:40 PM||7.3M||56%|
|BBC 1||219||Episode 5||Saturday, October 12, 1968||5:20 PM - 5:40 PM||6.7M||49%|
- Croydon Airfield
- Harrison Rocks, Groombridge, Kent
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Live Grove Studio D
- Television Centre Studio 3
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Originally a four part story, Derrick Sherwin added an episode when The Dominators was reduced from six to five episodes. As a result Episode 1 has no writer credit.
- Due to Frazer Hines becoming ill Hamish Wilson took over the part of Jamie for parts of Episodes 2 and 3.
- Episode 1: Manpower
- Episode 2 - 5: The Fact of Fiction