KK. Doctor Who - The Faceless Ones
The TARDIS materialises on a runway at Gatwick airport in 1966 in the path of a jumbo jet. The Doctor and his companions scatter. In a nearby hangar Polly witnesses a murder, and is kidnapped by the perpetrator.
Ben also vanishes, and whilst the Doctor and Jamie try to convince a sceptical airport Commandant of foul play, the Doctor discovers that more young people have disappeared, and all of them on Chameleon Tours holidays.
The owners of Chameleon Tours are a group of aliens who, after a nuclear explosion, have been left without faces and identities. The aliens plan to steal the identities of those they have kidnapped.
The Doctor provides an alternative to the aliens, and the kidnapped people are freed. Ben and Polly, realising they are on Earth on the day that they left, decide to stay behind. The Doctor and Jamie return to the TARDIS only to see it being driven away on the back of a lorry.
- Ben Jackson: Michael Craze
- Polly Wright: Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Commandant: Colin Gordon
- Captain Blade: Donald Pickering
- Spencer: Victor Winding
- Jean Rock: Wanda Ventham
- ATC (George Meadows): George Selway (1-3,5,6)
- Immigration Officer Steven Jenkins: Christopher Tranchell (1-2,4-5)
- Policeman: James Appleby (1)
- Inspector Gascoigne: Peter Whitaker (1)
- Inspector Crossland: Bernard Kay (2-6)
- Samantha Briggs: Pauline Collins (2-6)
- Nurse Pinto: Madelena Nicol (2,4-6)
- Ann Davidson: Gilly Fraser (2-3)
- Announcer: Brigit Paul (2)
- Heslington: Barry Wilsher (3-6)
- RAF Pilot: Michael Ladkin (4)
- Superintendent Reynolds: Leonard Trolley (6)
- Chameleons: Robin Dawson, Barry Dupre, Pat Lecleve, Ron Pearce
- ATC Technicians: Roy Curtis, Roger Jacombs, Vic Taylor
- Policemen: Kedd Fenton, Crawford Lyle, Taggart Rushton, Geoffrey Witherick
- Airport Police Sergeant: Peter Roy
- Airport Policemen: Robin Dawson, Peter Blair Stewart
- Double for Nurse Pinto: Elizabeth Smith
- Double for Blade: Terence Denville
- Workmen: Robin Burns, Charles Erskin
- Airport Personnel in Plane: John Evans, Ann Gabriel, Tony Lang, Steve Pokol, Audrey Searl, Audrey Stewart
- Passengers: Ann Barber, Michelle Barry, Nigel Bernard, Mike Briton, Joy Burnett, Penelope Daiton, John Dickinson, Sandy Duke, Gloria Forster, Maria Hauffner, Pearl Hawkes, Pamela Hinton, James Holbrook, Richard Kitteridge, Joanna Lawrence, Gary Leaman, Tony Mead, Jean Myers, Barry Noble, Lisa Noble, Alan Norburn, Ralph Rankinson, Joanna Robins, David Seaforth, Don Simons, Tina Simons, Marjorie Summerville, Donald Sinclair, Basil Tang, Denise Testar, Graham Tonbridge, Valerie Vyner, George Wilder
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||157||Episode 1||08 April 1967||17:50 - 18:15||8.0M||51%|
|BBC 1||158||Episode 2||15 April 1967||17:50 - 18:15||6.4M||50%|
|BBC 1||159||Episode 3||22 April 1967||17:50 - 18:15||7.9M||53%|
|BBC 1||160||Episode 4||29 April 1967||17:50 - 18:15||6.9M||55%|
|BBC 1||161||Episode 5||06 May 1967||17:50 - 18:15||7.1M||55%|
|BBC 1||162||Episode 6||13 May 1967||17:50 - 18:15||8.0M||52%|
- Gatwick Airport, Surrey
- Lime Grove Studio D
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Michael Craze and Anneke Wills are absent from Episodes 3-5 and only return in the last episode to depart from the programme.
- Peter Bryant is credited as associate producer for the duration of the story, a post he has at no other time.
- The Chameleons