TT. Doctor Who - The Dominators
The TARDIS materialises on an island on the planet of Dulkis. The island was once a test ground for nuclear missiles, and should have been highly radioactive. Special groups from the mainland often visit the island to monitor the radiation.
The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe find one of these parties, and they find that there is now no radiation on the island. Somehow all radiation disappeared within a short space of time.
The Doctor discovers that Dominators are planning to invade the planet, assisted by their robotic slaves the Quarks, and it is they who have stored the radiation for their own use.
The Dominators plan is to turn the planet into a radioactive wasteland which could then be used to power their spacecraft. The Doctor manages to get hold of one of the explosive seed pods and plant it on board the Dominator's ship. When the Dominators explode it their ship goes up also.
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Zoe Heriot: Wendy Padbury
- Probationer Toba: Kenneth Ives
- Navigator Rago: Ronald Allen
- Culla: Arthur Cox
- Teel: Giles Block
- Kando: Felicity Gibson
- Quarks: John Hicks, Gary Smith, Freddie Wilson (2-5)
- Quark Voices: Sheila Grant
- Educator Balan: Johnson Bayly (1-4)
- Wahen: Philip Voss (1)
- Etnin: Malcolm Terris (1)
- Tolata: Nicolette Pendrell (1)
- Director Sennex: Walter Fitzgerald (2-4)
- Bovem: Alan Gerrard (2-4)
- Council Members: John Cross (2-4), Ronald Mansell (2-4)
- Chairman Tensa: Brian Cant (3-4)
- Council Members: Aubrey Danvers Walker, Malcolm Watson
- Double for the Doctor: Chris Jeffries
- Statues: Jean Callaghan, Eve Martin, Valerie Stanton, Valerie Wood
- Extras: Blair Stewart, John Tucker, Colin West
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||210||Episode 1||Saturday, August 10, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||6.1M|
|BBC 1||211||Episode 2||Saturday, August 17, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||5.9M||55%|
|BBC 1||212||Episode 3||Saturday, August 24, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||5.4M||55%|
|BBC 1||213||Episode 4||Saturday, August 31, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||7.5M||51%|
|BBC 1||214||Episode 5||Saturday, September 07, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||5.9M||53%|
- Gerrards Cross and Trottiscliffe, Bucks
- Wrotham Gravel Pits, Kent
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Television Centre Studio 3
- Television Centre Studio 4
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- This story has no incidental music
- From this story onwards Derrick Sherwin and his successors are credited as script editors instead of story editors.
- The Beautiful People