NN. Doctor Who - The Abominable Snowmen
The Doctor visits the Det-Sen monastery in Tibet, during the mid 1930's, to return the ghanta, a sacred bell, given to him many years earlier by Padmasambhava for safe keeping.
Professor Edward Travers is currently on an a expedition when one of his crew is killed, and he suspects the Doctor of murder. The Doctor discovers that the murdered victim was in fact killed by a robotic Yeti controlled by his old friend Padmasambhava, who is still alive and is now possessed by the Great Intelligence.
The Great Intelligence plans to create a material form for itself and take over the world. The Doctor manages to banish the Great Intelligence back to the astral plane. Padmasambhava, now free from influence, dies in peace.
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Victoria Waterfield: Deborah Watling
- Professor Edward Travers: Jack Watling
- Khrisong: Norman Jones
- Thomni: David Spenser
- Sapan: Raymond Llewellyn
- Yeti: Tony Harwood (2-6), John Hogan (3-6), Richard Kerley (2-6), Reg Whitehead
- Rinchen: David Grey (1-5)
- Songsten: Charles Morgan (2-6)
- Padmasambhava: Wolfe Morris (2-6)
- Ralpachan: David Baron (2-6)
- Lamas: Richard Atherton, Bobby Beaumont, Roger Bowdler, Charles Finch, Terry Nelson, Jack Rowland
- Warrior Monks: Antonio de Maggio, Barry Du Pre, Michael Durham, Pat Gorman, Richard King, Crawford Lyle
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||174||Episode 1||30 September 1967||17:25 - 17:50||6.3M||53%|
|BBC 1||175||Episode 2||07 October 1967||17:25 - 17:50||6.0M||52%|
|BBC 1||176||Episode 3||14 October 1967||17:25 - 17:50||7.1M||51%|
|BBC 1||177||Episode 4||21 October 1967||17:25 - 17:50||7.1M||50%|
|BBC 1||178||Episode 5||28 October 1967||17:25 - 17:50||7.2M||51%|
|BBC 1||179||Episode 6||04 November 1967||17:25 - 17:50||7.4M||52%|
- Nant Ffrancon Pass, Snowdonia, Wales
- Ogwen Lake, Snowdonia, Wales
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Lime Grove Studio D
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- This story has no incidental music.