RR. Doctor Who - Fury From The Deep
The TARDIS materialises on the surface of the sea, and the Doctor, Jamie and Victoria have to use a rubber dinghy to reach the shore. They have unknowingly tresspassed in a restricted area of a refinery and are shot with tranquilliser darts.
The Doctor learns from the controller of the refinery that they have been experiencing problems with pressure in the feed pipes, and that they have sucked up some form of parasitic weed.
The weed can generate a poisonous gas, or a strange foam with which it can control the minds of those who come in contact with it. The weed rapidly spreads and is determined to create a colony around the rigs.
The Doctor finds that the weed is susceptible to loud high pitch noises, and is able to destroy the weed with the amplified sounds of Victoria's screams. Victoria elects to stay behind with the family of one of the refinery workers.
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Victoria Waterfield: Deborah Watling
- Controller John Robson: Victor Maddern
- Deputy Controller Frank Harris: Roy Spencer
- Maggie Harris: June Murphy
- Chief Engineer: Hubert Rees
- Price: Graham Leaman
- Peter Van Lutyens: John Abineri (1-4)
- Guard: Peter Duscrow (1-4)
- Mick Carney: John Garvin (1)
- Chief Baxter: Richard Mayes (1,4)
- Quill: Bill Burridge (2,5)
- Oak: John Gill (2-5)
- Megan Jones: Margaret John (4-6)
- Ronald Perkins: Brian Cullingford (4-6)
- Guards: Derek Chafer, Charles Finch
- Technicians: Bobby Beaumont, Robert Pearson, Bill Straiton. Vic Taylor
- Walk-ons: Michael Durham, Terry Nelson, Roy Pearce, Keith Sissons, Mike Smith, Roy Stevens, Raymond Turson, Tom Wadden, Wallace Wilding
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1||198||Episode 1||Saturday, March 16, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||8.2M||55%|
|BBC 1||199||Episode 2||Saturday, March 23, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||7.9M||55%|
|BBC 1||200||Episode 3||Saturday, March 30, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||7.7M||56%|
|BBC 1||201||Episode 4||Saturday, April 06, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||6.6M||56%|
|BBC 1||202||Episode 5||Saturday, April 13, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||5.9M||56%|
|BBC 1||203||Episode 6||Saturday, April 20, 1968||5:15 PM - 5:40 PM||6.9M||57%|
- Margate Beach, Kent; Fields near Denham Aerodrome, Bucks
- Radio 390 Offshore Platform, Red Sands, Thames Estuary
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Lime Grove Studio D
- Television Centre Studio 1
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- Deborah Watling leaves at the end of the story, although the final shot of her is reprised at the beginning of the next story.
- Episode 1 sees the first use of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver.
- This story is the only Troughton story title which does not start with the word 'the'.
- Colony Of Devils