HH. The Moonbase
Season Four (continued) - 1966/1967
The TARDIS materialises on the moon in the year 2070, by which time Earth's weather is controlled from a base on the moon using a machine known as the Gravitron.
The Doctor and his companions make their way towards the moonbase. The base is run by a man named Hobson, and the staff at the moonbase are suffering from a form of plague which is the result of an alien virus spread by the Cybermen.
The Cybermen plan to use the Gravitron to disrupt the weather of Earth which would pave the way for their an invasion. Polly discovers that the Cybermens' breathing system is a form of plastic, and is susceptible to solvents.
A second force of Cybermen advances over the moon's surface. Hobson, on the suggestion of the Doctor, uses the Gravitron on the moon's surface which has the effect of flinging the Cybermen into space.
- Ben Jackson: Michael Craze
- Polly Wrght: Anneke Wills
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Jack Hobson: Patrick Barr
- Roger Benoit: Andre Maranne
- Nils: Michael Wolf
- Sam Becket: John Rolfe
- Voice from Space Patrol: Alan Rowe (1-3)
- Doctor Evans: Alan Rowe (1,3,4)
- Ralph: Mark Heath (1)
- Voice of Controller Rinberg: Denis McCarthy (2)
- Cybermen: Keith Goodman (3-4), Peter Greene (2-4), Reg Whitehead (3-4), Sonnie Willis (3-4), John Wills (2-4)
- Cyberman Voice: Peter Hawkins (3-4)
- Jim/No. 5: Ron Pinnell (1-3)
- Bob/No. 7: Edward Phillips (1-3)
- Charlie/No. 8: Robin Scott
- Joe Benson/No. 9: Alan Wells
- Julues/No. 10: Victor Pemberton
- Peter/No. 11: Derek Calder
- Ted/No. 12: Leon Maybank (1-3)
- Franz/No. 13: Barry Ashton
- John/No. 15: Arnold Chazen (1-3)
- Cybermen: Ronald Lee, Barry Noble
- Extras: Mike Britain, Declan Cuffe, Paul Harrington, John Levene, Bernard Reid, Terry Wallis
Original broadcast on the BBC
|BBC 1||149. Episode 1||Saturday, February 11, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.1M||50%|
|BBC 1||150. Episode 2||Sunday, February 26, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.2M||53%|
|BBC 1||151. Episode 3||Saturday, March 4, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.1M||58%|
|BBC 1||152. Episode 4||Saturday, March 18, 1967 5:50 PM - 6:15 PM||8.9M||49%|
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Lime Grove Studio D
- Riverside Studio 1
Return of the Cybermen
The various numbered crew members are just credited as "Scientists".