NN. The Abominable Snowmen
The Doctor visits the Det-Sen monastery in Tibet, during the mid 1930's, to return the ghanta, a sacred bell, given to him many years earlier by Padmasambhava for safe keeping.
Professor Edward Travers is currently on an a expedition when one of his crew is killed, and he suspects the Doctor of murder. The Doctor discovers that the murdered victim was in fact killed by a robotic Yeti controlled by his old friend Padmasambhava, who is still alive and is now possessed by the Great Intelligence.
The Great Intelligence plans to create a material form for itself and take over the world. The Doctor manages to banish the Great Intelligence back to the astral plane. Padmasambhava, now free from influence, dies in peace.
- Jamie McCrimmon: Frazer Hines
- Victoria Waterfield: Deborah Watling
- Professor Edward Travers: Jack Watling
- Khrisong: Norman Jones
- Thomni: David Spenser
- Sapan: Raymond Llewellyn
- Yeti: Tony Harwood (2-6), John Hogan (3-6), Richard Kerley (2-6), Reg Whitehead
- Rinchen: David Grey (1-5)
- Songsten: Charles Morgan (2-6)
- Padmasambhava: Wolfe Morris (2-6)
- Ralpachan: David Baron (2-6)
- Lamas: Richard Atherton, Bobby Beaumont, Roger Bowdler, Charles Finch, Terry Nelson, Jack Rowland
- Warrior Monks: Antonio de Maggio, Barry Du Pre, Michael Durham, Pat Gorman, Richard King, Crawford Lyle
|BBC 1||174. Episode 1||Saturday, September 30, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||6.3M||53%|
|BBC 1||175. Episode 2||Saturday, October 7, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||6.0M||52%|
|BBC 1||176. Episode 3||Saturday, October 14, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||7.1M||51%|
|BBC 1||177. Episode 4||Saturday, October 21, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||7.1M||50%|
|BBC 1||178. Episode 5||Saturday, October 28, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||7.2M||51%|
|BBC 1||179. Episode 6||Saturday, November 4, 1967 5:25 PM - 5:50 PM||7.4M||52%|
- Ealing Television Film Studios
- Lime Grove Studio D
- Nant Ffrancon Pass, Snowdonia, Wales
- Ogwen Lake, Snowdonia, Wales
This story has no incidental music.