6.7. Doctor Who - A Good Man Goes To War
On the Demon's Run asteroid Amy is looking after her new born child - Melody Pond. Amy is in a room surrounded by soldiers. She tells Melody about the brave man who will come - the Last Centurian - her father.
Twenty thousand light years away on board a Cybership the Cybermen detect an intruder. The Cybermen are monitoring the quadrant, and Rory has one question: Where is his wife.
On Demon's Run clerics are preparing for the Doctor, who will be coming for Amy, talking about his past adventures. Also on the asteroid are the Headless Monks, and the clerics are reminded not to touch them. One of the clerics - Lorna Bucket - has previously met the Doctor in the Gamma Forests.
In London 1888AD Madame Vastra returns home for the evening, having solved the problem of Jack the Ripper. Madame Vastra is a Silurian, and when the TARDIS appears in her house she knows a debt is to be repaid.
During the Battle of Zaruthstra 4037AD a Sontaran nurse - Commander Strax - is helping the injured on the battlefield. The TARDIS appears, and Strax knows he has another battle to go to.
On her birthday River Song is returning to her cell after the Doctor took her skating on the River Thames when she meets Rory, dressed as a Centurian. Rory says the Doctor needs River's help, and she knows it's about Demon's Run. The Doctor has been getting some people together and need River's help. River tells Rory she cannot help the Doctor yet - it's the day he finds out who she really is.
In his establishment Dorium is met by Madame Kovarian, and he warns her about the Doctor, and the army he is raising against her and her army of clerics. He tells her that many people owe the Doctor a debt, and after Madame Kovarian has gone the TARDIS materialises for Dorium.
Back on the asteroid Colonel Manton is rousing his troops, telling them that the Doctor is coming, and that they can stop him. Although it is a crime, punishable by death, to remove the hood of a headless monks, with which the clerics have allied themselves, on this one occasion they are willing to show themselves. Instead of a head there is just a knot of skin. All except one - the Dooctor. All the clerics, and monks, raise their weapons.
Whilst the Doctor is talking Madame Vastra and her maid - Jenny - turn out the lights briefly. When they come back on the Doctor has vanished. Lorna sees a figure dressed as a monk go through a door and follows. She leaves before the clerics are surrounded by allies of the Doctor - Silurians, Sontarans and Judoon.
The Doctor is angry with Colonel Manton, and tells him to order his men to run away. He wants the Colonel to be famous as Colonel Run-Away.
In her room Amy can hear a knocking on the door. She hears Rory, and after a couple of attempts with the sonic screwdriver Rory has the door open - and comes in with Melody. Rory tries to hold his composure and be cool, but this is the first time Amy and Rory have been together with Melody.
The Doctor gives Melody a gift: an old, really old, cot. His old cot. Amy realises that the whoile time she thought she was on the TARDIS she was really in a room on the asteroid. The question is why did someone want Melody, and Madame Vastra asks the Doctor if Melody is human? The Doctor realises that Melody was conceived on Amy and Rory's wedding night - on board the TARDiS in the vortex. There is a chance Melody might have Time Lord powers. This makes Melody very valuable - and a poweful weapon. All the clerics have left the asteroid, and the Doctor realises getting to Melody has been all to easy.
A forcefield raises around the TARDIS, and doors in the asteroid lock. Headless Monks appear, with weapons charged. Dorium knows the Monks and goes to talk to them. They strke him down. The remaining allies of the Doctor surround Melody, protecting her from the monks, as fighting starts. The Doctor realises - too late - that Melody isn't real; she is just a flesh avatar.
Aftrer the battle has finsihed River Song appears from nowhere. She tells Amy that everything is going to be all right. She warns the Doctor about what he is turning in to. People fear the mention of his name. The word doctor is supposed to mean healer, but to the people of the Gamma Forests in means warrior. The Doctor asks River who she is, and River shows him. The Doctor realises how things are going to turn out, and immediately becomes more cheerful. The Doctor tells River to look after everyone as he goes off in the TARDIS. River reveals to Amy who she really is: River Song is Melody Pond.
- Amy Pond: Karen Gillan
- Rory Williams: Arthur Darvill
- River Song: Alex Kingston
- Madame Kovarian: Frances Barber
- Fat One: Charlie Baker
- Thin One: Dan Johnston
- Lorna Bucket: Christina Chong
- Lucas: Joshua Hayes
- Dominicus: Damian Kell
- Madame Vastra: Neve McIntosh
- Jenny: Catrin Stewart
- Captain Harcourt: Richard Trinder
- Eleanor: Annabel Cleare
- Arthur: Henry Wood
- Commander Strax: Dan Starkey
- Dorium Maldavar: Simon Fisher-Becker
- Colonel Manton: Danny Sapani
- Henry Avery: Hugh Bonneville
- Toby Avery: Oscar Lloyd
- Voice of the Cybermen: Nicholas Briggs
- Clerics: Jon Davey, Luke Grahame, Ian Burden, Jamie Morrison
- Kovarian's Guards: Marcus Elliot, Sion Price
- Monks: Matthew Doman, Claudio Laurini, Alan Gill, Ian Hilditch, Andy Jones, Dominic Kynaston
- Baby Melody: Harrison Mortimer, Maddison Mortimer
- Cybermen (including the Cyberleader): JJ Angell, Jon Davey, Matthew Doman, Oliver Hopkins, Kevin Hudson, Adam Sweet, Richard Tunesi
- Female Clerics: Andrea Griffiths, Maria Honeker, Kate Powell, Danielle Sanders, Lisa Jones, Tracy Scott
- Male Clerics: Alistair Sanderson, Pete Symonds, Iestyn Jones, Garry Lloyd George, Ikay Agu, Chester Durrant, Dickon Justice, Joe Malik, Kevin Read, Gwion Ap Rhisiart, David Ullett, Jake Cullen, James Harris, Stephen Coggins, Dennis Gregory, Jon Davey, Richard Knot, David Lamb, Craig Malpass, David Stephens, Jonathan Thomas, Mikle Wendell
- Manton's Officers: Harry Burt, Howell Jones
- Victorian Passers-by: Jessica Ford, Toby Was
- Hansom Cab Driver: David West/Sonny Hillier
- Double for Madame Vastra: Barbara Fadden
- Eleanor's Guard: Charley Roberts Arnold
- Soldiers: JJ Angell, Peter Sheward, Jeremy Harvey, Richard Tunesi
- Double for the Doctor (Monk): Andy Jones
- Shorter Monks: Simon Ashley, Ryan Nicholls
- Double for Fat One Monk: Austin Charlesworth
- Silurians: Louise Bowen, Barbara Fadden, Jessica Davis, Naomi Berners, Victoria Thomas, Kimberley Senior, Rhiannon Ward
- Judoon: Richard Tunesi, Jon Davey
- Voice of Danny Boy: Mark Gatiss
- Stunt Monks: Gordon Seed, Will Willoughby, Dean Forster
Showings on the BBC
|BBC 1 (HD)||7||A Good Man Goes To War||04 June 2011||18:40 - 19:30||7.51M||88|
- Fillcare, Lanelay Road, Pontyclun, Llantrisant
- Lafarge Cement UK, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
- Millennium Stadium Underground Car Park (Entrance 4), Westgate Street, Cardiff
- Park Plaza Hotel, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff
- Penllyn Castle, Penllyn, Cowbridge
- Super Hangar, MOD St. Athan, St. Athan, Barry
- The Maltings, East Tyndall Street, Cardiff Bay
- Uskmouth Power Station, West Nash Road, Newport
- Upper Boat Studios: Studio 5
- Upper Boat Studios: Studio 6
- Upper Boat Studios: Studios 1 + 2
BloopersNo blooper details are available
- This episode was a finale before a mid-series break.